Monday, December 10, 2012

Ultrasound #2...

Was a success!! It was such a nerve wracking time for me. Thankfully this is my last pregnancy because the anxiety I feel during the 1st trimester is horrible. Yes, I know anything can go wrong at any time, but when you have experience a loss, an unknown loss at that, it just doesn't get easier.

Last night before I was going to attempt to go to bed, I wiped some pink spotting when I went to the bathroom. My heart sank. I knew today wasn't going to be good. Thankfully it didn't come back at all between last night and this morning, but it didn't make me any less worried. I ended up in bed at midnight and tossed and turned and coughed myself awake multiple times. I think around 3 I finally fell asleep which meant a whopping 2 hours of sleep. The morning was hectic getting Geo up and off to work, plus getting Eli ready to go stay with my dad. The whole drive I just prepped myself. One minute I was prepping for the worst, then the next I was telling myself that it's be okay. I got there, went inside and waited. I watched TV, but couldn't really tell you what I saw. She called me back, got my prepped and I started to shake as I laid there. The tech asked me if I was okay and I just told her that this is deja vu to my first pregnancy and I was just terrified it was going to end the same way. She told me she was going to get pictures for the Dr., but then she'd let me see the screen when she was done. The ultrasound got underway and the first thing she said was "The baby is just fine in there." Immediately I just sighed this huge sigh of relief and allowed myself to relax and be happy. Everything is right on track for where it should be and again, "Today I am ABSOLUTELY pregnant and I love this baby!"

Here is little Padawan - 9 weeks, 5 days.


0 comments:

Post a Comment