Monday, June 6, 2011

5 weeks!

How big is baby?:
Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), 
which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!


 How far along?: 5 weeks!

Weight gain?: +/- 0

Maternity clothes?: Not yet. Still loving my sports bras.

Movement: Still too early.

Stretch marks?: None.

Sleep?:  I'm getting it, I just don't feel like I get any. I'm so tired.. all.the.time.

Symptoms?:  Boobs hurt on and off; exhaustion; super hungry; lots of peeing.

Food cravings: No cravings, but the thought of eggs makes me sick.

Belly button in or out?: Innie

What I miss:  Not peeing all the time.

What I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound next week! I'll be 6w2d!

Milestone: Reconnecting with my Dr and DH acknowledging Spock.

Bump Pic!



In other news: My appointment went well today! My Dr is like a whole new person. She was friendly, talked to me, and made me feel like she actually cared about this pregnancy. With the last one she was very abrupt, to the point and had no bedside manner. This time, she actually talked to me about my feelings, told me she was rooting for me and I left feeling like she was on my side. I have my appointment next week to see the heartbeat and get my dating done so I can have an official due date. I didn't bring up that I was charting (because I was kinda doing it half assed) so according to my LP  I'm due the 5th, according to O date, I'm due the 6th. It's such an insignificant difference that I'll just wait until the u/s, then use that date. It's finally starting to feel real!

0 comments:

Post a Comment