Monday, November 5, 2012

First Baby Dr. Appointment!

First off, I just have to announce we've nicked named this LO! Since Eli was Spock (To "Live long and Prospure") and a Star Trek reference, we've decided to go with a Star Wars reference this time. We chose Padawan! We chose this because a Padawan is a jedi in training and this LO is currently a baby in training! 

Today I had my first appointment with my OB. I got weighed, peed in a cup, got my blood pressure checked. The nurse talked to me and declared a due date of July 10th. I'm going to do my check in's based on that date, but I know it will probably change when I get my first ultrasound. Then my Dr. came in and had the biggest smile on her face. Her first words were "I'm so happy to see you here!! I love it when my nice patients come back with good news!" This made me smile. I had a rough start with my OB with my first pregnancy and I'm glad we've gotten to this point. I voiced some questions I had and we chatted for a bit. I got my blood work script and my papers of Do's and Don'ts during pregnancy and I was on my way. Pretty much what I was expecting for a first appointment. I'm too early to see anything on an ultrasound so I'm going back on the 15th. With the due date of the 10th, that will put me at 6w 1d. Still a little early but we should be able to see something. Then it was off for the dreaded blood work. Ugh. I knew they'd take a zillion, well only 5, vials of blood from me and I can't stand getting my blood drawn. It's not even the losing of the blood. It's the feeling of the needle in my arm. And to top it off, it moved every time she switched the vials! I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. The lady was really nice and put me in the reclining chair and gave me some OJ to sip on. Thankfully this is the last time they'll take this much from me. Be back in a few days with my 5 week check in!

1 comments:

Bridgett

I'm glad your appointment went well!

Post a Comment